30 Random This or That About Yourself.
vanilla or chocolate?
Vanilla ice cream, chocolate cream pie, and chocolate candy
pineapple or orange?
Pineapple sherbert, orange flavors
summer or fall?
Fall — leaves, rain, and sweater weather
winter or spring?
Spring — rain, tulips, and shoots
coke or pepsi?
flip flops or converse?
Neither. Birkenstock, baby!
thanksgiving or christmas?
Christmas — I like shiny, colorful things.
lil wayne or kanye west?
For Mino, I say Lil Wayne; although I actually listen to Kanye West
degrassi or glee?
Neither if I’m driving the remote. Glee if it’s the season, Degrassi if Taed is feeling nastalgic.
iphone or blackberry?
Neither. Get a life.
baseball or football?
Baseball — but only because I can follow it.
basketball or soccer?
Australian rules Rugby — not for the sport, but for the shorts
facebook or myspace?
Duh, Facebook won
twitter or photobucket?
Neither, I’m not a twit
snapple or vitamin water?
Really? Iced tea or Diet Pepsi
math or social studies?
Both! Love the linear neatness and rules of math, and the pure messiness of social studies
purple or red?
mac or dell?
Mac (I’ve drank the Kool-Aid and survived)
msn, aol, or aim?
Do you people have lives?
uggs or emu?
I’m all for free-range emus wearing uggs.
facebook chat or IM?
Again, so don’t want a new umbilical cord.
texting or calling?
air heads or starburst?
I only understand 20th century technology like irons and typewriters
sweet or sour?
Sweet, really really sweet
paramore or the fray?
sunrise or sunset?
I see both, because I’m a grown up
girly girl or tomboy?
delia’s or hot topic?
Too old to answer
ipod or cd player?
Ipod for exercise, CD player for home
love or money?
Love, because money can’t be your baby daddy
Here’s the latest. You know, the best thing about the Internet is the ability to talk about yourself. A LOT.
If I looked on the bed next to you, what would I find?
If I was in bed, Taed, Keb and maybe the cat (Amelia)
Do you go to the bathroom with the door open or closed?
Depends on the bathroom. If I’m at work, definitely CLOSED.
Are your underwear and socks folded in your drawer or just thrown in?
Folded. However, they aren’t necessarily in the drawer.
Sleep on your back or stomach?
Are you a cuddler?
Nope, I’m the cuddle-ee.
What would I find if I looked UNDER your bed?
I HAVE NO CLUE. Let me know when you come over to clean my house. Don’t forget to clean under the bed.
Something that happened today that made you angry?
Angry, nothing that I can think of. Peeved — well a couple of students. However, it’s 7 in the evening and that’s all in the past.
What were you doing before this survey?
Reading FaceBook, playing some games of Word something or another, and listening to Keb and Taed
What will you do after the survey?
Marriage or living together?
Married, after years of living together. I’m a bad girl!
What shirt are you wearing now?
White v-neck t-shirt with a denim jacket on top
Do you sing?
All the time… Do I sing well. Well, no.
Do you de-label your beer bottles?
What? I don’t drink beer.
Do you talk about your feelings or hide them?
If I’m having them, you’re hearing about them (or seeing them).
Is there something you regret and wish you could take back?
Every damned day… It’s like a weird Sisyphus thing I have going on. It’s my rock and I’m a rolling it.
First thing you do when you wake up?
Ever had surgery?
Yup. It’s how we got Keb. 🙂
Last argument you got into with?
This, along with regrets and being peeved, is a daily thing. I don’t get into too many serious arguments. However, I do argue for entertainment. Does that count?
Do you tend to rip the paper off water bottles?
No. Usually my inner ADHD child is talking.
What’s one good thing about your best friend?
He listens to me complain. He loves me despite myself.
How long does it take for you to fall asleep at night?
2-3 seconds. You don’t want to try to use that time to talk.
Current song on myspace?
I don’t have one. That’s too much time to work out.
When you shut off your alarm clock, do you tend to fall back asleep?
Doesn’t the defeat the point of the alarm clock? No. I turn off my alarm clock to keep it from bugging Keb since I wake up before it goes off. I generally don’t need it.
If you were given the chance to take care of a monkey for a weekend, would you?
Oh HELL no. Life isn’t hard enough? You have to invent pain and agony?
What is the current advertisement on the side of the screen?
None. I shifted applications.
What are you looking forward to in the next few months?
Spring break, hanging out with Keb, sunlight earlier in the day, Keb’s birthday, my birthday, the end of school
It’s midnight. Who are you texting?
Uhm, I’m ASLEEP at midnight. I don’t text; I type.
It’s Wednesday afternoon, where are you usually?
At work, at a union meeting or at home.
Honestly, if you could have ANYONE in the world, who would it be?
My husband. Even if I’m crushing on someone, I can tell you I don’t just want to be with someone I don’t know. That’s freaky-weird scary. I KNOW my husband. However, if I KNEW Mike Mills of REM and still liked him anyway, then it would be Mike Mills.
Your Christmas list consists of?
Nothing much. We don’t exchange. My mom buys me gifts, but rarely anyone else. Taed always gets me the latest Newberry Award winners. I have enough stuff.
You’re going to New York for school shopping, where do you go first?
The airport. Well, maybe the shrink. OMG! You’re pulling a “What Not to Wear” on me, aren’t you?!
You need a new pair of jeans, what store do you go to first?
Macy’s or JC Penny
How do you feel about your hair?
OK. I wish it would all turn the color of my grey/white streak.
What movie is in your DVD player?
I DON’T KNOW. I don’t really use it. Do you people not have lives?
If you could move away, no questions asked, where would you move?
Chicago or Sydney, Australia
How much do looks matter to you in a guy/girl?
I check out eyes, teeth and hands. I like a good wonky nose. I rarely look below the neck. So, enough to be pleased but not so much that I’m rejecting people for stupid stuff.
What’s the greatest thing that happened to you today?
I woke up. That’s pretty damned good. I’m alive. I have my family. My birthday is next week. I have a job. It’s all good.
How many TRUE best friends do you have?
More than I think I would normally say. I’m very blessed.
What would you change about your life right now?
Being rich would be nice. However, I’m very blessed. There’s nothing in my life that needs changed.
What’s the best feeling in the world?
Being spooned by Taed.
______________________NEXT SET OF QUESTIONS
75 Questions You’ve Probably Never…
1. First thing you wash in the shower?
2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
I don’t wear hoodies. I’m 42.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
4.Do you plan outfits?
nope. Not unless I have to.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
cold, allergies are bugging me
6. Whats the closest thing to you that’s red?
box top across the room
7. Do you say aim or a-i-m?
What the hell is it?
8. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
Mike Mills was feeling me up.
9. Did you meet anybody new today?
Maybe some little kid on the playground.
10. What are you craving right now?
11. Do you floss?
12. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
My dad. He and my mom fixed it with corned beef on St. Patrick’s Day.
13. When was the last time you talked on aim?
WHAT IS THIS?
14. Are you emotional?
15. Would you dance to the taco song?
16. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
17. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
18. Do you like your hair?
19. Do you like yourself?
20. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Yes, more than once. I never recognize them, though so I only know it’s them AFTER I’ve been obnoxious.
21. Do you like cottage cheese?
22. What are you listening to right now?
I’m talking with my mom
23. How many countries have you visited?
24. WERE your parents strict?
25. Would you go sky diving?
26. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Can I mock him? I don’t really see why I would bother.
27. Would you throw potatoes at him?
OK, I’ll have dinner with him if I can toss tatters. That would be worth it.
28. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
the glitter on Keb’s poinsettia that he made years ago. It’s quite pretty.
29. Have you ever been in a castle?
Does Disney count?
30. Do you rent movies often?
No, but Taed gets Netflix on a daily basis
31. Who sits in behind you in your math class?
Uh, I’m really old.
32. Have you made a prank phone call?
Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth
33. Do you own a gun?
34. Can you count backwards from 74?
Yes, I won’t, but I can
35. Who are you going to be with tonight?
36. Brown or white eggs?
whatever is in the house
37. Do you own something from Hot Topic?
What is Hot Topic?
38. Ever been on a train?
Yes, in Australia and Amtrack
39. Ever been in love?
40. Do you have a cell-phone?
41. Are you too forgiving?
42. Do you use chap stick?
43. What is your best friend doing tomorrow?
He’ll be with me or off with Keb
44. Can you use chop sticks?
45. Ever have cream puffs?
46. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
47. What was the last question you asked?
If my uncle was ass-backwards ignorant
48. What was the last CD you bought?
Does the Paste CD count since it’s subscription
49. Boys or girls?
I have a boy. I’m not having more, I don’t and didn’t care which.
50. What is your bus number for school?
I haven’t taken a bus in a really long time
51. Is your hair curly?
no, it’s wavy
52. Last time you cried?
53. Ever walked into a wall?
54. Do looks matter?
To a certain extent
55. Have you ever bought anything from Pac Sun?
NO, what is this?
56. Have you ever slapped someone?
yes, but I’m not proud of it
57. Favorite time of the year?
either spring or fall
58. Favorite color?
59. Are you sarcastic?
Oh HELL yes
60. Do you have any tattoos?
Oh HELL no
61. The last person you held hands with?
My hubby or Keb
62. Do you sleep with the TV on?
63. Where was your default picture taken at?
School, once a year
64. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
Hate? That’s a strong word. I might dislike them, but hate is too much. Can I think of anyone right now, no.
65. Do you like your life right now?
Nope, I love it.
66. How often do you talk on the phone?
Too much or as often as possible
67. What is your favorite animal?
68. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Cheese pizza and Diet Dr. Pepper
69. Do you have good vision?
70. Can you hula hoop?
on the Wii
71. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
I don’t know. I hope I never have to find out
72. Do you have a job?
73. Can you handle the truth?
74. What are you wearing?
Chinos, t-shirt, and jacket
75. Have you ever crawled through a window?
yes. It was the neighbor’s window. She’d locked herself out.
FROM THE QUESTIONNAIRE FILE
We all get them. Might as well post the answers. In this case, however, I actually picked this up from Book Barrage.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Very much so.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Yes, this is how I know I don’t like them!
3. Do you own a gun? Not anymore
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I’ve never been to a Sonic.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Yes, which is why my BP goes outer limits.
6. Do you like hot-dogs? Occasionally, if they are charred beyond recognition. In that case, all the bad things in them have to fight with the carcinogens in the charred bits as to which one is actually going to kill you.
7. Favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Diet Pepsi, although tea will work
9. Can you do push-ups? I used to be able to, but I’ve gained about 25 pounds and that’s not happening right now. 😦 I need to get back to that.
10. What’s your favorite meal? Chicken Tamale Verde which Safeway doesn’t make anymore
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Right now my necklace. Barring that, my three silver rings on my left hand.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading and exercising, but not at the same time.
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Oh hell no! In fact, whatever the OPPOSITE of idolize would be –demonize?
14. Name a trait that you hate about yourself? I say what I think when I should be shut up instead.
16. Middle name? Suzanne
17. Name 3 thoughts at this moment: none, I’m typing. I am noticing that I have more trouble typing with the new computer. I really can’t find the keys and I keep jumping because of the scroll pad under my hands.
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: Propel, Diet Coke, gum
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Coke, tea, water
20. Current worry right now? school is starting. I’m not ready
21. Current hate right now? None really
22. Favorite place to be? On the couch watching Pixar films with Keb
23. How did you bring in New Years? Slept
24. Favorite place to go? Home
25. What is your most recurring dream? It used to be finding these houses with hidden rooms and all sorts of stuff. I’d be visiting my Grandma and go around the back to get to the attic which was warehouse-sized and find a family living there and all sorts of cool stuff. Sadly, these dreams have stopped.
26. Introvert or extrovert? Both
27. What color shirt are you wearing? Green paisley night shirt
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Hell no! I have visions of trying to get busy and doing a head-dive off the bed. Imagine the story the perimedics would have to tell.
29. Can you whistle? Yes, but I usually don’t.
30. Favorite color(s)? Purple mostly.
31. Would you be a pirate? Uh, no. I find no romance in stealing or scurvy.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? None.
33. Favorite girl’s name? None
34. Favorite boy’s name? Keb
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Don’t have pockets.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? The image of the perimedics having to “help” me after my tragic satin sheet accident
37. Bed sheets as a child? That’s too much to have to remember
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Incredibly bruised ego. This is a recurring injury.
39. Do you love where you live? Yes
40. How many tv’s are in your house? One, which is enough
41. What is your worst habit? Sarcasm, snarky, eating too much
42. How many dogs do you have? None, ’cause it would kill Keb.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Doubtful
45. What is your favorite book? 100 Years of Solitude, I think
46. What is your favorite candy? York Peppermint Patties, although I like See’s brown sugar somethingoranother
47. What is your favorite sports team? Used to be I didn’t “do” that kind of thing. Now SF Giants and “The Freak” all the way.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Something funny.
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? Sleeping.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Is it Sunday?
January 11, 2009
Copy & Paste into a new emailand place an X by all the things you’ve done. Remove the X from the ones you have not. Send it to friends (including me).
Have you ever:
(x) Gone on a blind date.
Yes, twice. First was a buddy of my brother’s from college named Bear. Yup. Needless to say it was a disasterous evening from start to finish. BTW, the finish was something like 4 in the morning. This was a “group” date, BTW. It was still a mess. The other was a fascist named Franco and Igor thought it was funny to give him my phone number. He took rejection as a come-on. Profane, horny, and intolerent — painful!
(x) Skipped school: YUP. More times than I like to admit.
() Watched someone die
() Been to Canada
() Been to Mexico
(X) Been to Florida: Should have gone to Epcott while I could…
(X) Been on a plane: OFTEN!
(X) Been lost: OFTEN. In fact, I showed Mom ALL of Norhern California on our trip to Napa Valley. We got there well enough — to the town of Napa. Then it went downhill. Getting home was a 2-3 hour adventure wherein she saw San Francisco, Highway One and Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Mountains, and finally our house. It’s the reason Taed bought me a GPS for Christmas.
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
() Been to Washington, DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robbers: How about I played Cowboys and Indians? I can’t imagine that ANYONE would play that now.
() Recently colored with crayons
() Sang Karaoke
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only? Heck yeah. Cleaned out cars, wallets, laundry, offered to clean out Mike’s car…
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t? Don’t even want to go there. Heck, the fact that I’ve done it more than once gives me more than a passing willingness to accept stupidity and weakness in others.
(x) Made prank phone call: I think… I’m not sure. It is, of course, the kind of thing I WOULD do. Hey, do kids do this these days? Technology has improved. Now they can call you back and prove you were doing dumb things.
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose & elsewhere. : See Frank Betts and chocolate milk.
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain: I wouldn’t call it a dance, unless you think the way Elaine dances on Steinfeld is dancing. Then yes.
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
() Been kissed under the mistletoe
() Watched the sunrise with someone
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating: First time in CA! Ironic given that I grew up in IA where there is snow and ice.
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors: Does it count that it was a jacuzi, and that I got sick and was standing in the cold NEK-ED with steam rising from my pale flabby body which I retched? Sort of like orca calling for its love. Or not…
(X) Gone to the movies
( ) Been to Africa
(X) Eaten just cookies for dinner: See any and all comments about weight.
(x) Been on TV
() Steal any traffic signs
(X) Been in a car accident
(X) Driven a standard (manual shift) car,truck (attempted once!): I can drive a stick. Not Tracy’s ’cause it’s picky, but an old one with manual steering to boot. Kristin and I once drove a grumpy U-Haul without first gear to KC to move her there from DM. It was an… experience.
(X) Any nickname: When I was younger, Ron, Rondoggy, Ronnie Sue, now– not so much. I correct all Sues, Susans, and Suzis right away. It’s Suzanne, thank you. I do have Susanna, which I’m way ok with. Actually Misha calls me Suzi occassionally. It’s OK coming from him.
Favorite vacation spot: Don’t have one. I like my house.
Favorite number: 8
Favorite Day: my birthday. It’s coming up, you know. Feb. 24.
Favorite dessert: Most, thank you.
Favorite Food: Most, thank you. Indian, Thai, Japanese, Mexican all work for me.
Favorite day of the week: Thursday
The way you relax. talk, channel surf, read, exercise
Where do you see yourself in 10 years: OLDER and still in CA
Furthest place you will send this message: THE WORLD ’cause it’s the WORLD WIDE WEB.
The person who will respond to this the fastest: No one, it’s not an email anymore