Stolen from http://richjmylife.blogspot.com/.
- A. Age: 44
- B. Bed size: Queen, which is really big for us which is completely weird because we’re not little people.
- C. Chore you dislike: Grading papers. Actually I dislike ALL chores (although, strangely I will do them in other people’s homes), but I dislike checking papers the most.
CHORE I LIKE: Laundry. I just stick it in a machine and then another. I like the feeling that it’s all done and organized.
- D. Dogs: I have a confession… A bad one… I don’t really like dogs that much. I think they are needy and in your face. I like other people’s dogs. However, I have NEVER had a desire for one myself. The sad thing? Keb used to LOVE dogs (he still might), and he’s allergic so he can’t have one. Perhaps, though, dogs are like children. When you get one that’s yours, you change your mind.
- E. Essential start to your day: Diet cola and a shower.
- F. Favorite color: Used to be purple exclusively, but now there’s also orange.
Feet: I have clown feet. I like to say that Sasquatch and I shop at the same shoe stores as we sport the same size. On top of that, I have bunions. I’m only 44 and I bitch and moan about my feet like I’m 94.
- G. Gold or silver: Silver all the way. I like to say silver from Tiffany’s.
- H. Height: Used to be 5’6″, but I suspect that I’m into that “shorter with age” stage. 🙂 My pants make me feel short because they all DRAG the ground. I had to buy petite (cue raucous laughter) just so I could wear regular shoes. I HATE HEELS. THEY HURT MY CLOWN FEET.
- I. Instruments you play(ed): None, I can’t even read music. I supposed I could cheat and learn to compose using Garage Band.
- J. Job title: Slave. Wait. Scape goat. No.Blight on society. Closer. Useless sponge. Hmmm. Well, some combination of the above. I am a public school teacher; therefore, I am what’s wrong with society and schools. I teach strictly for “summer vacation” (which is NOT paid BTW) and don’t care if the kids can read. At least that’s what people think about those of us tilting at the windmill of education these days.
In all honesty, I am more aware when I feel off track than anyone else. I spend summers trying to fix it for the next year. I will collaborate with teammates whenever possible. I set up the classroom and make photocopies as I can. I do so much on my “unpaid” time, that you, the general public, have come to expect it. Trust me, NO ONE is prepared for anyone in education to give 8-hours a day. The institution would fail.
- K. Kid: Keb. I don’t really count Amelia because she’s a cat, and I’ve never loved her like a kid.
- L. Live: Bay Area California — which is so not like anyplace else in the world that we will all pay crazy prices to live here. Sure the rainy season can be taxing after 9 months of nothing, but it’s a small price to pay.
- M. Most favoritest thing: Hanging out with friends bitching, moaning, sharing anecdotes, and generally figuring out how to fix teaching. Second: Being on the couch with Keb just watching a movie. Third: Being with both my “boys” and just hanging at the house.
- N. Nicknames: None that I know of; although quite a few I’m sure have been “bestowed” on me via students. It used to be Ron or Ronnie Sue back when I only went by Rhonda. One friend calls me Suzi but I always raise the left eyebrow. Pretty much everyone calls me Suzanne or Mrs. Wynnell (not always pronounced correctly. It’s WIN-nell, not WHY-nell).
- O. Overnight hospital stays: Tonsils and the boy. One other time in the hospital for Keb when we found out he had asthma.
- P. Pet peeves: So damned many that I’ve categorized them as: automobiles, entitlement, and ignorance. The holy trifecta is the ignorant f*ck who pushes into your lane on the freeway even though you’re already there.
Seriously, the entitlement thing burns me. People will lie, cheat, and steal and then justify it. I know people who go into debt for stuff, spend good money after bad trying to PROVE to their children they aren’t “broke” and then complain about “those people who live off the government.” Let’s try this again. IF you get any service or any money (disability, anyone? unemployment?) from the government then YOU ARE LIVING OFF THE GOVERNMENT. In essence, I don’t mind I just want YOU to shut the EFF up about it. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM.
- Q. Quote from a movie: “#1 – The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club. #2 – The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.” This works so well for any secretive crap you have to endure. It’s a sanity restorer.
- R. Righty or lefty: Right-handed
- S. Siblings: The ones I talk about: Christine and Michael. The ones that exist somewhere, but not in my world, Mary, Joan and Paul.
- T. Time you wake up: Used to be between 4:30 and 5, naturally. Now it’s shifted to 5:15. On the weekends, whenever I get up. However, if I sleep to 7:30 I feel I’ve wasted my day.
- U. Underwear: HUGE, the kind that embarrass grannies because they are accused of wearing them.
- V. Vegetables you don’t like: Zucchini and cooked spinach. I have to be in the mood for eggplant and bok choy.
- W. What makes you run late: Precious little, I tend to run early so I’m not stressed. Seriously, it would really have to be an EMERGENCY.
- X. X-rays you’ve had: Don’t know. I had an MRI when I was convinced I was having a stroke after Keb’s birth. Instead it was an “optical migraine.”
- Y. Yummy food you make: None really. I guess chocolate chip cookies. I don’t really cook anymore. I open, heat, and serve. I feel bad about it.
- Z. Zoo animal favorites: Penguins and otters. Anything cute and active.