Random is apparently the key word of the younger generation. There will be some sort of non sequitur, and the response is that they are just being “random”. With that in mind, here are some random items.
- There is this children’s book called Sideways Stories from Wayside School. One of the stories about the 30 stories focuses on a child named D.J., whose smile is contagious and who states at the end when pressed for a reason for his smiling state, “You need a reason to be sad. You don’t need a reason to be happy.” That, my friends, is pure genius and gold.
- Taed has, rightly, pointed out that the plot line of many movies just falls apart in today’s age. The cell phone has changed SO many story lines because you can usually get a hold of someone.
- Ebay allows kids to acquire the missing pieces of their already too big toy collections. Lord knows, if we missed out, we missed out.
- Sometimes the gossip rags are hysterical in their ignorance. One headline was that you could get Jennifer Aniston’s body through yoga. Uh huh. Yoga, a delivered food plan, another (most likely unseen) trainer, a professional spray tan, some highlights, and smoking.
The other ignorant headline had to do with Sandra Bullock’s sad tale of woe about her STRUGGLE to get her “daughter” back — from the kid’s mom. This is one of those times that I’m gonna have to say that the parent needs to be respected. Yes, she’s a porn star (or was). I’m guessing your husband knew that when he climbed on top of her, married her, and impregnated her. Why is it a problem NOW?
- Casual swearing has gotten way out of hand. If I said any of the words thrown about in my classroom, parents would be storming the office demanding to meet with my principal and calling for my resignation. Not only that, their “precious” little babies (who employ these terms) would be pitching a fit, talking about how “they never hear words like that”.
- I thought the worst thing Jason Lee could do was to name his kid Pilot Inspector (sp). Then I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
- Read Newsweek’s article regarding Gay Marriage this week. This conservative lawyer writes eloquently and intelligently about WHY this should be allowed. It’s a brilliant article. He points out what I’ve thought but haven’t been able to articulate.
- You should totally watch “Better Off Ted” just because it’s fun.
- If it weren’t for his complete androgyny, I could be into Sheldon from “The Big Bang Theory”.
- I’m ready to be turned into “What Not to Wear”.
- I think Ms Jay is a prettier woman than Tyra Banks. Mean, I know.
- I’m normally quite thankful to Martin Luther King, Junior for his work on human rights issues and equality. Tomorrow I’m thankful for being able to sleep in.