Things that make me feel old (The LIST)
- Seeing “young” people with lots of tattoos. I mean lots (like sleeves and necks!).
- Maury Povich showing baby-daddies/mommas; transvestites
- VH1’s Rock of Love, Charm School, I Love New York, Pick Up Artist, etc.
- Christine Aguilera’s Greatest Hits
- My hurt-y feet
- The idea of “tea bagging” at school
- Sensible shoes (or my newly discovered love of)
- Saggy skin & body parts
- My favorite Pixar films are older than my students
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (soul selling anyone?)
- Snuggie (wasn’t this some sort of sack when we were growing up?)
- Return of layaway
- Recession (OMG! I’ve been through this before!)
- “Sensitive” stomach
- Being annoyed that they’ve changed all my “shows” on Food Network!
- Being cranky with those “happy” people on Food Network
- Fat Oprah (We’ve been here before).
Basically anything that I’ve lived through once before — leggings, Fat Oprah, recession, small cars, and skinny pants.